Whiskers, Tails and Ferals (formerly Up Valley Spay/Neuter Network) is an all-volunteer non-profit organization making a significant impact on the tragedy of pet overpopulation. We rescue several hundred animals in Napa County every year, preventing them from entering the county shelter. Including the animals in other county shelters that we are able to rescue and admit into our program whenever possible, for many of these homeless pets their only hope is to be saved by an animal loving organization like ours. Otherwise without our help they would most likely be euthanized. And with the support of caring people like you, we’re devoted to:
- Finding forever homes for abandoned or unwanted cats and dogs.
- Spaying and neutering cats and dogs.
- The rescue of feral and stray cats, kittens, dogs and puppies.
- Cat colony care and safety.
- Rehabilitation and fostering of feral and stray cats, kittens, dogs and puppies.
- Spaying and neutering cats and dogs from low income households.
- Educating people about pet care and the tragedy of overpopulation.
All animals that come into our program are spayed or neutered, tested for a variety of illnesses, vaccinated, wormed (as needed) and micro-chipped. All sick animals are immediately put under the care and supervision of a Napa veterinarian and Whiskers, Tails and Ferals pays for their medications.
FACT: Just one pair of breeding cats and their offspring can produce over 420,000 cats in a few years.
Most people don’t realize all feral cats were once domestic or are the offspring of an abandoned domestic cat. Over time and as new generations are born, these animals lose their trust in humans. Our volunteers restore that trust again.
Whiskers, Tails and Ferals foster and adoptive families give these animals a second chance. So can you! Your one time donation or monthly pledge is greatly needed.
- $10 feeds one cat or dog per month.
- $20 Microchips one cat or dog permanently (and they will always be traced back to our organization if lost).
- $30 will vaccinate one cat or dog against disease.
- $45 will spay or neuter one cat.
- $95 will spay or neuter one dog.
What else do we do?
All animals that have the slightest chance of rehabilitation are put into homes with our wonderful volunteer foster families who care for, love and devote their time to make sure they can have a chance for a forever home.
Those kitties that are not able to tame, are spayed or neutered, vaccinated and returned to their colonies where colony guardians continue to feed and care for them. Some that cannot be placed in the wild due to safety issues are placed as “barn cats” where property owners pledge to continue to feed and care for their barn kitties. Not one cat in our care is euthanized.
Whiskers, Tails and Ferals has trapped, spayed or neutered hundreds of animals so they could not reproduce. We have also rehabilitated hundreds of animals that were adopted into their forever homes through our adoption weekends at Napa’s Petco.
Unfortunately, our adoption fees barely cover their expenses. There is not enough money left over to continue to help all the animals that are in need. We need your help!
- A monthly pledge, or even a one-time donation, DOES make a difference. Mail your donation to the address listed on our contact page or drop it off at Petco on 3284 Jefferson Street in Napa on Saturday during our adoption clinic.
- Become a foster family and help us rehabilitate cats, kittens, dogs or puppies.
- Adopt one of our cats or dogs! Become a forever home to a deserving animal.
- Spread the word! Tell everyone where to donate time, money and supplies or where to adopt their next pet.
Imagine… no more homeless animals!
Special Mention: We would like to thank Dog World for making it possible for our rescued dogs and cats to have makeovers.